The Gender Balande Guide lays out the road-map for the United Arab Emirates and its organisations to harness the untapped potential that women represent.
Building on OECD expertise, it provides a list of practical actions that can be taken by UAE organisations in order to achieve gender balance and work towards gender equality.
These actions cover five distinct areas:
- Actions to implement commitment and oversight for gender balance
- Actions to integrate gender into policies and programmes
- Actions for engaging personnel towards gender balance
- Actions to implement gender balance in leadership positions
- Actions to implement gender sensitive communication
The guide was prepared by the OECD in collaboration with the United Arab Emirates Gender Balance Council (2017).